So, it’s been almost a year and a half since I went vegan! Super cool, super exciting. I have tried so many foods that I never had before and in so many different combinations.
It’s great. I love it. I love to eat. Of course, veganism is so much more than just a dietary choice, but the diet plays a huge role.
Since I find that publishing things on this blog helps me keep myself motivated, I wanted to write a list of foods I absolutely must try before 2014 ends.
I tried homemade vegan mac and cheese for the first time today. Super ultra yum yum. It was great. I loved it.
On to the list thing.
- Homemade candied yams
- Caramel apples
- A full blown banana split with chocolate, caramel, and strawberry sauce
- Baked butternut squash with stuffing (looking forward to this for Thanksgiving dinner!)
- Baked onion rings
- Fried ice cream
- Donuts. I have yet to try a vegan donut. Very disappointing.
- Tofurky Turkey. These are always so expensive!
- Homemade dried fruit/fruit leather
- Chocolate chip cookies. I buy chocolate chips often, and make cookies often, so why haven’t I made chocolate chip cookies?
- Pulled barbecue jackfruit. I hear it tastes amazing.
- “Chicken” alfredo noodles. I’ve made an alfredo sauce out of coconut milk, but I want to try it with some vegan chicken.
- A good black bean burger. I’ve tried to make these before, but they always end up dry or crumbly.
- Peach/apple cobbler
Is this list all-inclusive? No way. These were just the foods from the top of my head. Hopefully, as I make these I remember to cross them off.
For anyone who has been wondering about me, I’m doing great! I can’t wait until graduation. I’ve been busy, so I haven’t been watching as many TV shows or movies, but I’ve managed to somehow keep up with Degrassi. Score.
Also, I got my nose pierced. I don’t know if I said that in another post before. But yes, I’ve had it pierced for a few months now! Cool.
Hopefully all is well with my readers.
follow me on twitter! @stephshantai
follow me on tumblr! @lovelyvegansteph (vegan blog, if you don’t like veganism then don’t even click) and @what-steph-said